I have the versioned files and a checkpoint file (checkpoint.1) but even after several attempts I been unable to make a successful recovery. I been following the guide on https://www.perforce...er.backup.html.
I haven't used Perforce before, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm missing something. So I would really appreciate some help. Here is a step by step guide to what I done so far.
(1)I installed the Helix versioning engine, selecting Server(P4D) and Command-Line Client(P4). I then installed Helix core Apps, selecting all applications.
(2) I stop the server using the P4 Admin Stop console command
(3) I delete all the db* files from the server root folder (Perforce/Server)
(4) I verify the integrity of the checkpoint file using the p4d -jv "path to checkpoint.1" command, this returns nothing so I guess it means no errors?
(5). I then run P4D -r "Path to server root folder" -jr "Path to checkpoint file". This returns.
Perforce db files in 'C:\Perforce\Server' will be created if missing...
Recovering from C:\Back\checkpoint.1...
Perforce Server info:
Server version 45 is replaying a version 40 journal/checkpoint
(6). I start the server using the P4D command
(7). I run p4 counter lastcheckpointAction. This returns
152602447 (2018/05/15 18:40:47 +0200 W. Europe Daylight Time) checkpoint restored
(8) I then run p4 verify //... which returns
//... - no such file(s).
(9) The last step is the versioned files, which I'm uncertain where to place. The info I have from the person who made the backup in the first place is that they should be simply placed in the root server folder. The versioned files in this case consist of about a dozen folders for different projects. Each one of these containing multiple sub folders with 'v' and 'gz' files.
(10) I try both p4admin and p4v to access the server and the projects. The server runs fine, but I can't access the files.
Sorry for the long post, but I'm really stuck and don't know what to do. Thanks you!