1 reply to this topic

#1 jojoOrion

jojoOrion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

Hi,

I cannot use Diff in my perforce client. It is a new install on Win 10 and all other Win 10 machines except this one are working fine.

The error message is :

Can't create directory for C:\Users\ myuser \AppData\Local\Temp;C:\user;\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs
mkdir: C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp;C:: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

The command is: (Don’t know C\User comes after Temp)
p4 print -o C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\user;\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs //Sources/mainline/MyApp/cmd/restore_backup.cs#2

When I do same from other machines, it is coming as
p4 print -o C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs //Sources/mainline/MyApp/cmd/restore_backup.cs#2

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:12 AM

Looks like your temp directory is set to:

C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\user;

You should be able to fix this in P4V's settings.  I'm guessing it got set that way because somebody set the TMP variable on this machine that way (under the mistaken impression that TMP works like PATH and can take a semicolon-separated list of paths), and when P4V is installed it uses TMP to determine its own temp directory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diff, winodws10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users