• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 botman

botman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:13 PM

I'm using P4V 2018 March 27.  When switching from the Workspace view to the Depot view, the Depot view synchronizes to the Workspace view (i.e. the Depot view automatically switches to the same folder that the Workspace view was viewing).  Is there a way to turn off this behavior?

It is really annoying when comparing files between different depots where you want the Workspace view to be one depot and the Depot view to be a different depot, but each time you switch to the Workspace tab, when you switch back to the Depot tab, you have to browse into the proper folder of the other depot again.

I realize that most users would want this automatic synchronization behavior, but it would be really nice if there was an option to turn off this annoying feature.

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hi

I am not aware of any way to disable the auto synchronizing of the depot/workspace tabs views. I've had a look through our enhancement requests and cannot find the exact feature you are suggesting.

One possible (albeit clunky) workaround would be open the "Files in folder" tab on the right then tear it off from the Window menu with one folder selected, and then select another folder in the workspace/depot view and tear that off. Then you can at least drag and drop directly between 2 different folders for do a diff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users