• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BenKnght

BenKnght

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

I just set my perforce server on my desktop, which is connected via Ethernet to my router. I can create workspaces and pull files from depots on the computer that is serving perforce fine. When I try to connect to that server from my p4v client on my laptop, though, the process hangs for a while and then displays the following error:

"Operation cancelled by user. Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT. TCP connect to XXX.XXX.XX.XX:1666 failed. Operation timed out."

It seems like an issue with the way server's permissions are configured. The client can definitely see the server (if I give p4v any other server name, it just tells me that the server doesn't exist), it just times out while trying to connect. I'm out of ideas for debugging this, though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:00 AM

From the command line, run

p4 set

and from P4V, try

<IP address of the Perforce server>:1666

instead of the name.  If this does not work you may have to set up a vpn tunnel to only use one port 1666 and no others.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: connect, server, cancelled, user, fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users