3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveCh

DaveCh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:47 AM

I've got two instances of P4V running, one connected to Depot A and one connected to Depot B. The depots are on different servers.

If I hit F5 to refresh, BOTH instances of P4V update their tree view to display the Depot of the P4V that's in the foreground. So the P4V in the background is picking up and displaying the wrong depot.

No other tab/window is affected, the History is fine, the drop-down list at the top of the Depot tree view is showing the correct depot, it's just the contents of the tree view in the background that displays the wrong one.

Dave

(P4V P4V/NTX64/2018.3/1706936 but it's been happening for at least a year, I just didn't get round to reporting it)

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

Try creating multiple P4V instances as seen in "How to install multiple versions of P4V on Windows"
https://community.pe.../s/article/2872
This should create independent P4V versions on your desktop.

#3 DaveCh

DaveCh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

That sounds like a complicated workaround to a bug...?

At the moment I have one P4V open and go to "Connection/Favorite Connections" and select one, this opens up another instance of P4V but when it displays the Depot view, the Depot view of the original P4V changes to show the same. Then Alt-Tab between them and Refresh causes both Depot views to show the one I've switched to. Almost as if the Depot view is listening for info coming in from the server but not filtering it for its own connection. Since I use this method to connect to 2, 3 or 4 different Depots, I don't really want to install 4 independent versions of P4V.

I've got used to hitting Refresh every time I switch between them, I guess I'll just carry on doing that.

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

I still like four independent versions of P4V, but thanks for working around the problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, Depot, Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users