2 replies to this topic

#1 hanoixan

hanoixan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

Hello!

I installed the Swarm OVA, and got things up and going pretty easily. My team is very Slack oriented, so I decided to try and install the Slack integration from https://swarm.worksh...oftware-slack/.

I found a number of problems in getting it to run, and it still doesn't work:

1. At module/Slack/Module.php:39, the call to $filters->get('ProjectFilter') causes an exception. I assumed this is because the ProjectFilter hasn't been created yet when the Slack module bootstraps. I don't know what sets the order of how modules are bootstrapped, so I commented this section out and hardcoded the enabled and url states at line 108-109, enabling it to true and using my Slack webhook URL (which I verified works).

2. I then attempted to add a changelist for review from P4V. Not only did I not get a message in Slack, but the email that should be sent to the reviewer never made it. I then removed the Project, thinking maybe it was blocking it, but it still failed. I ended up removing the module/Slack code tree from Swarm, and it functioned again.

So, something's terribly broken here. The Swarm OVA has PHP7 installed, which is different than PHP5.x discussed in previous posts. I'm willing to work with Perforce developers or the original authors to get this working for us, but right now, it looks like this module is defunct, which is a shame.

Sean

#2 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

Hi Sean,

The integration was developed to work with Swarm 15.4, and has not been updated to work with the latest version.

An internal request for it to be updated has been logged, and our developers are aware of it.

I will add details of this forum thread to the request.

Best,
Jen.

#3 cungtienkien

cungtienkien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

Hi Sean,
I have met exactly error like you, I cannot call ProjectFilter in Slack Module.php anymore, so when i removed the line from line 38 -> 61 in Module.php, the page can run, but when I save the project setting, it cannot save the slack status, d you have any temporary solution for this? (always enable the slack option is ok, but I want to change the slack webhook url)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, slack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users