1 reply to this topic

#1 Umeer

Umeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

I have installed the Perforce server and the p4v client, but when I try to use the p4admin program, it tells me this: Access for user has not been enabled by p4 protect. I cannot seem to be able to find anything called p4 protect in my folder. Also now that this message is appearing, the server has been set to filtered. How would I be able to open it again and how would I be able to grant access to the server to myself and other users?

Thank you in advance

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Double check that you're connecting to the correct server instance.  It sounds like you're connecting to a server where the user name you're connecting as does not have permissions, but if you just set up a brand new server this should not be the case.

If you are connecting to your server but you somehow locked yourselves out of having any permissions, the easiest fix (especially for a test server) is to just delete the db.protect file from the server root.  This will reset permissions to a default (wide open) state and allow you to regain access.

"p4 protect" is a command line command -- if you have "super" permissions you can open a command prompt and run "p4 protect" to edit the protection table.  Normally if a user has insufficient permissions, a "super" user can grant them by running "p4 protect" (however if the super user has locked themselves out this is not possible since they themselves no longer have permissions to run the command that changes permissions).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users