• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 austin_wardy

austin_wardy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

I'm using Perforce P4V, the graphical tool, to interface with my Perforce server here at work in the online clothing store. I have a project I added to the depot and I accidentally deleted it from my workspace on my local computer, the problem is when I use the Get Revision Action (the GUI equivalent of sync), the files don't get updated. I can see the files on the server that I want, but they won't sync correctly with my local PC. It's frustrating me that the files aren't getting pulled from the server. What I'm assuming should be happening is if files are altered in any way on my local PC, I should be able to grab the revision from the server, which then pulls the data to my local PC and overwrites the changes locally on my PC, but that isn't happening. Please help me if you can, where is the wrong?

#2 DaveCh

DaveCh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

Did you tick the 'Force' option?

#3 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

As Dave said, the "force" option will force everything to be re-sent from the server even if you'd synced it previously.  The default is for the server to only send you updates relative to the last time that you synced.

Another option is to use the "clean" command ("p4 clean" from the command line, I forget where it is in P4V) which will reset you to the last synced state by *only* re-syncing files that have changed locally (and syncing them to the last-synced version rather than the latest).

#4 DaveCh

DaveCh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:52 PM

"p4 clean" is just an alias for "p4 reconcile" so it's "Reconcile offline work" on the Action (or context) menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users