3 replies to this topic

#1 eddieparker

eddieparker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

Hello!

I often wish I could group changelists together in the client, for a couple different use cases:

- In progress work versus shelves

I often have a "feature graveyard" of work that I plan on getting back to, but I wish it didn't clutter up my active pending changelists view.

- Shelvesets that are all related to a group of work, or a project, or some such.

In a given day I can work across multiple teams, on projects that are of different sizes.  Finding the shelveset in question amongst a small sea of pending/shelved changelists can be a bit of a pain.  It'd be great to have a way to drill down that I can configure.

Thanks for listening!

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

Hi Eddie

I don't have any information of whether it will be implemented although this has already been suggested as an enhancement.

Best regards

Reg

#3 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

View Posteddieparker, on 08 November 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

- Shelvesets that are all related to a group of work, or a project, or some such.

One way to compartmentalize work pertaining to different projects is to have a workspace per project -- each workspace will have its own set of pending changelists (and its own client view etc).

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Or put changelists into a job (p4 job).  Then you will know which job has the feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users