mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using P4V Rev. P4V/NTX64/2018.3/1719707 on a Windows 10 workstation and my server version is P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2016.2/1568552 (2017/09/20).

When I try to submit a changelist to perforce I get the following error message:

Submit aborted -- fix problems then use 'p4 submit -c 1100719'.
Revision //mydepot/tools-releases/mybranch/bin/AgentGroup_r64.dll#94 already exists! A submit operation attempted to overwrite this revision with a new file at the same revision. This should never happen, and therefore the server has aborted the submit. It is possible that the Perforce database files have been corrupted by a disk failure, system crash, or improper restore operation. Please contact Perforce technical support for assistance. Please do not perform any further operations on the server until the problem can be resolved. Please save all server logs, journals, and database tables for use in determining the necessary recovery operations.  

When I check the head revision of this file in perforce using fstat I can see that revision #93 is the latest submitted.

Would you happen to have any idea what the problem is here?

I'm not sure if this is related but last night I also noticed another error "The filesystem 'P4LOG' has only 844.1M free, but the server configuration requires at least 1G available"
Could this be related?

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

-Jonathan Wilson

#2 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:26 PM

*UPDATE: i forgot to mention that after the submit fails the pending changelist disappears from P4V but all the files are still left opened for edit under said changelist. I can only get rid of them by deleting the client with "-d -f".

#3 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

See if you can perform the submit from a command line instead of P4V

p4 submit -c 1100719

If so, rename or remove the .p4qt directory in your home directory to lose all P4V settings.

If you still see the error, try to obliterate //mydepot/tools-releases/mybranch/bin/AgentGroup_r64.dll#94

p4 obliterate //mydepot/tools-releases/mybranch/bin/AgentGroup_r64.dll#94

#4 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Hi p4rfong,

I wasn't able to submit the changelist from the command line due to the same error but obliterating the revision fixed the problem.

Thanks,
-JW

#5 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, Perforce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users