• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick

Patrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

I'am using perforce since quite a long period of time and frequently need to backout changelists.

After updating to latest available P4V client NTX64/2018.3/1719707 i'am facing on issue that
using backout on a specific changelist, a new changelist will be created but the files inside
the changelist are not changed, means not backoutet.

In all former versions this functionality worked perfect by creating a new changelist with the
backouted content already.

With this behaviour this functionality becomes odd and I would consider that as a bug.
I also got informed by colleagues that they are facing the same issue and already rolled
back to an older version.

Did anybody faced the same issue and/or is there anything other rolling back version to fix that?

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:37 PM

Hi Patrick

Can you try disabling  the "Automatic Safe Resolve (no merging)when syncing files" option under Edit->Preferences, Server Data.

There is a bug which is fixed in the next release of P4V (2018.4) where the wrong content would be generated after running a backout/rollback when using a pre-2016.2 server with the new 2018.3 "Automatic Safe Resolve (no merging) when syncing files" option selected.

#3 Patrick

Patrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostP4Reg, on 15 November 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hi Patrick

Can you try disabling  the "Automatic Safe Resolve (no merging)when syncing files" option under Edit->Preferences, Server Data.

There is a bug which is fixed in the next release of P4V (2018.4) where the wrong content would be generated after running a backout/rollback when using a pre-2016.2 server with the new 2018.3 "Automatic Safe Resolve (no merging) when syncing files" option selected.

Thanks for your fast reply very appreciated, after disabling this property backout works again as expected. Do you know when 2018.4 is scheduled?

#4 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostPatrick, on 15 November 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanks for your fast reply very appreciated, after disabling this property backout works again as expected. Do you know when 2018.4 is scheduled?

Good to hear. I don't have any precise dates for the release of 2018.4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users