• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

I have found that

p4 reconcile ./...

fails on long file names from the base of the tree in Windows

even with filesys.windows.lfn=1

As a work around I was able to cd to each base directory and reconcile multiple times, each where the relative paths were shorter than 260.

Presumably this is a bug, its talked about in https://stackoverflo...412546#53412546

Posting here the workaround, I think a bug report should be opened but I don know how.

Seems easy to reproduce.

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:20 PM

What version of the client is supposed to support long filenames?  (I remember long path support being implemented for the server, but supporting on the client might have been after my time.)  I don't see that configurable in the help anywhere, even with a 2018.2 server:

C:\Perforce\workshop>p4 help configurables | grep filesys.windows
C:\Perforce\workshop>p4 help undoc | grep filesys.windows

C:\Perforce\test>p4 set filesys.windows.lfn
filesys.windows.lfn=1 (config 'c:\Perforce\test\p4config.txt')

C:\Perforce\test>p4 sync //...
//stream/main/longpath/foo#1 - added as c:\Perforce\test\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryverylongpath\foo
can't create directory for c:\Perforce\test\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryverylongpath\foo
mkdir: c:\Perforce\test\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryverylongpath: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

#3 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Ah okay, you still can't have any individual directory over 256, but I'm able to get it to work by splitting it up -- can't reproduce the reconcile problem though!

C:\Perforce\test>p4 reconcile ...longpath...
//stream/main/longpath/foo#1 - opened for add

C:\Perforce\test>p4 fstat -Ro ...longpath...
... depotFile //stream/main/longpath/foo
... clientFile c:\Perforce\test\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery\veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryverylongpath\foo
... isMapped
... headAction add
... headType text
... headTime 1542824111
... headRev 1
... headChange 103
... headModTime 1542824105
... action add
... change default
... type text
... actionOwner Samwise
... workRev 1