• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arista-darrieng

arista-darrieng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hey all, we're using P4 in our Kubernetes cluster, and are seeding tickets to pods using Kubernetes Secrets.

Our process for making the ticket works fine. I can confirm if I use the actual ticket, it is perfectly valid.

If you've never used Kubernetes, when you mount a ConfigMap or secret, it is mounted as a symlink. And when I use a p4ticket that is a symlink, it doesn't appear to work.

Exposition done - is there a way to use a P4Ticket that is a symlink?

#2 UnstoppableDrew

UnstoppableDrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

Just to clarify, are you setting someone's environment variable P4TICKETS=/path/to/ticket_file_symlink ? What's the error when you run a command? I just moved my .p4tickets file to another name, verified I couldn't run a command, then made a symlink called .p4tickets pointing to the original file and I could run commands, so it definitely works with a symlink. If you're using SSL do you also have a .p4trust file in the right place?

#3 arista-darrieng

arista-darrieng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

It turns out this isn't the case. The symlink works fine, we just had different issues.

I would have deleted (or updated) the post, but it took a while for the mods to approve the post.

Thanks for checking in!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4ticket, symlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users