• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sleepykev

sleepykev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

I've been using Eclipse and perforce for a long time on an old system, using Eclipse Juno with a 2012 version of the perforce plugin.    I recently upgraded systems and moved up to Eclipse Photon and version 2018.3 of P4Eclipse and am now unable to manage projects in in Eclipse with the perforce plugin!

When I select a project in my workspace and choose Team->Share Project, I am prompted to move the files to the Target Workspace location, even though the files are already there!   If I choose not to move the files, the project is shared, but it looks as though all the files are missing.

I think this has something to do with my company's filesystem, that has two mount points for the same area.   ie.   /home/sleepykev/workspace/... and /net/path/home/sleepykev/workspace/... are identical.  My perforce root is  "/home/sleepykev/workspace/...", but Eclipse sees the files as being in "/net/path/home/sleepykev/workspace", and doesn't recognize that the path's are the same.

Is there any way around this?  I've tried using the "Alternate Roots" option in my p4 client, but that doesn't seem to work with the eclipse plugin either.

Any ideas?  Any way to specify which alternate root to use in the Eclipse plugin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users