3 replies to this topic

#1 Gafgar

Gafgar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:40 PM

Hi!

I've been using P4V for a while now but always been annoyed by how bright it is on Windows. Especially since the dark theme upgrade with the October release of Win10, pretty much all programs and websites I use normally are dark, meaning that whenever I sit at night and work, and switch to P4V, I get blinded. I really really would like a Dark Theme for the program. I've been looking around for a solution to this, but been unable to find a good one. So I did a little modding of the "Default.qss" file in the skins directory yesterday, and actually got something pretty good working. However, there are a few things I've been unable to fix. Pretty much the whole app and functionality I use regularly are easy to read and working with a dark theme now, but there are a few texts in the preferences settings window that I've been unable to change the text color on, and the merge window is not the best, so I am now wondering two things.

1. Does anyone know what those texts type are called so I can adjust them?
2. Will we be able to get an official dark theme at some point? As it seems like most of the work for that would be pretty easy, considering how easy it was for me to mod. I can use my dark theme now, but I would prefer an official version, as it don't feel good to modify a program that I use professionally like I do with P4V.

I will attach my modded file for anyone that want to check it out and help out improving it (rename the type to QSS and place it in "Perforce\P4VResources\skins" folder in the install directory. It's best to do a backup of the existing file first.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

Hi

The next release of P4V (2019.1) is due to contain support for a dark theme. I don't have any further information on the exact release dates but it should likely be sometime in Q1

#3 Gafgar

Gafgar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

That sounds good! Really looking forward to it. I've made this "hack" work ok for now, but a real dark theme will be a lot better.
Is there a change log for other new features that we can expect soon/in that update that we can read somewhere?

#4 agraham

agraham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:44 PM

Looks good. The only problem is a couple things appear dark-grey-on-black. For example the question mark on a changelist that needs resolving is almost invisible.
Here's one that gets around that by using medium-grey for the background. It's a little better but still not perfect.
I can't give credit to the author because I don't know where it came from.
I wonder if there's a way to change that question mark's color to something bright?
Hopefully soon there will be no need tho...

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theme, Customize, Dark, Skins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users