4 replies to this topic

#1 pbiswal

pbiswal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

I am not able to see shell overlay icons for work space path mapped to a virtual drive. Is it possible to have this ?

Example:
  • Workspace root is mapped to c:\dev\work_version_01

• Map c:\dev to Z drive by running
    subst z: c:\dev

• You can see icon overlays on files when c:\dev\work_version_01 is opened in explorer

• You can not see icon overlays on files when z:\work_version_01 is opened in explorer

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:06 AM

Have you tried setting z:\work_version_01 as an AltRoot in the client spec?  I'm not sure if the current version of P4EXP supports AltRoots, but that's the only way it'd be able to know that your client root has two different paths.

#3 pbiswal

pbiswal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Hey Sambwise,

Thank you for your reply. That does not seem to work. After enabling logging on P4EXP, i see the following in the log

[Error: P4EXPProgram] February 27, 2019 12:02:11.1780 : Perforce.P4.P4Exception:Path 'z:\*' is not under client's root 'D:\product_v1'.
at Perforce.P4.P4Exception.Throw(String cmd, String[] args, P4ClientErrorList errors, P4ClientInfoMessageList details)
at Perforce.P4.P4Server.RunCommand(String cmd, UInt32 cmdId, Boolean tagged, String[] args, Int32 argc)
at Perforce.P4.P4Command.RunInt(StringList flags)
at Perforce.P4.P4CommandResult..ctor(P4Command cmd, StringList flags)
at Perforce.P4.P4Command.Run(StringList flags)
at Perforce.P4.Repository.GetFileMetaData(Options options, FileSpec[] filespecs)
at P4EXP.RepoStorage.RefreshPath(String basePath, Boolean force)

I am using P4EXP 2018.3 on Windows 10

#4 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

If you can find a copy of the old P4Win installer, that might provide a workaround -- I'm pretty sure the version of P4EXP that was bundled in that installer handled AltRoots.  :)

#5 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Hi pbiswal,

I've sent you a PM. Hoping to discuss this directly to determine what the bug is. From the log you posted, it seems that your workspace root is being identified as somewhere different from both the workspace root you mentioned and the mapped drive (D:\product_v1).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4exp, virtual drive, shell, icon, p4, windows, subst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users