#2 Matt Janulewicz

Matt Janulewicz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:45 AM

I am so looking forward to the demise of db.archmap. So long, old buddy, you had a good run!

It should be noted somewhere that this complicates upgrades for those of us that use the SDP. That upgrade script runs -xu and automatically restarts the server when doing an 'outside in' upgrade. It's been a long time since I looked inside the upgrade script, and we have a veritable cornucopia of different SDP's out there (whatever happened to be the latest when a particular host was initially built) going back to 2015. Yikes!
-Matt Janulewicz
Staff SCM Engineer, Perforce Administrator
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
1275 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
majanu@dolby.com

#3 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostMatt Janulewicz, on 04 May 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

I am so looking forward to the demise of db.archmap. So long, old buddy, you had a good run!

It should be noted somewhere that this complicates upgrades for those of us that use the SDP. That upgrade script runs -xu and automatically restarts the server when doing an 'outside in' upgrade. It's been a long time since I looked inside the upgrade script, and we have a veritable cornucopia of different SDP's out there (whatever happened to be the latest when a particular host was initially built) going back to 2015. Yikes!

You definitely need to look into the newer SDP.  Hopefully it accounts for this; it has a lot of cool improvements. We're way overdue as well, but I've been tracking the changes.

#4 simontnms115

simontnms115

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

i'm trying to upgrade to latest version but facing some issues.

#5 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Let us know what issues you are having.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users