P4V often gets stuck in "commands in progress" mode and has to be killed from task manager

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zeblote

Zeblote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

When the login expires while P4V is open, and the prompt is ignored for a while, and then you enter the password again, it is possible for P4V to get permanently stuck in the "commands in progress" mode (with the progress bar in the bottom right). This prevents it from closing normally and the program has to be killed using task manager.

I wasn't able to find any log files that might be helpful here...

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Are you using the latest P4V?  Please download and let me know if the problem still continues.

#3 Zeblote

Zeblote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:37 AM

Yes, this happens with the latest P4V. It just happened again yesterday, but it didn't happen today. I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce it.

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:42 AM

When P4V is slow see if you can reproduce the problem from the command line.  Open a command prompt and set
values seen in the title bar of P4V:

cd <workspace root seen from the topmost folder in the P4V workspace tab>
  p4 set P4PORT=<Helix server>:<port>
  p4 set P4USER=<Helix server user name in title bar of P4V>
  p4 set P4CLIENT=<P4V workspace name in title bar of P4V>
  p4 info
  <run command from the command line similar to the P4V log pane)

If the command line also has a problem, then the problem is with the Helix server.
If the command line does not have a problem, then P4V has a problem.  Rename the .p4qt directory and see if the problem still reproduces.

#5 Zeblote

Zeblote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted Today, 01:32 AM

I think you misunderstood the problem. P4V is not slow, and can still be used after logging back in. However, the blue progress bar in the bottom right never goes away and the program fails to close when clicking the X button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users