1 reply to this topic

#1 SDAlex

SDAlex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada (Montreal)

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:24 PM

I'm using Unity and folder always come with a meta file with the same name of the folder.
So I'm importing a module this way:
import+ Assets/Modules/ModuleA... //Modules/ModuleA.Unity2018/Assets/ModuleA...
At work, it working fine. I can modify a file that is imported this way. We are using p4d version: Rev. P4D/LINUX26X86/2018.2/1724420 (2018/11/02)

But in my personal projects I'm using p4d version: Rev. P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2019.1/1796703 (2019/04/30).
When a try to modify an imported file it gives me the following error:

//Modules/ModuleA.Unity2018/Assets/ModuleA/Scripts/MyScript.cs - warning: cannot submit from stream //Projects/MyProject client
No files to submit.
Submit failed -- fix problems above then use 'p4 submit -c 580'.

I recheck my configuration many times. I have setup new streams to reproduce this problem with success.
I finally manage to get it work by adding the front slash after the directory name:
import+ Assets/Modules/ModuleA/... //Modules/ModuleA.Unity2018/Assets/ModuleA/...
import+ Assets/Modules/ModuleA.meta //Modules/ModuleA.Unity2018/Assets/ModuleA.meta

It seems like a bug! Doesn't anyone have this problem?
Is it the right place to report this bug?

Thanks!

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Good job finding the workaround!  That does seem like a bug, almost like there's some kind of special-casing in some view code for "/..." as opposed to the more general "...".  I think you need to write support@perforce.com (and have an active support contract) to be able to report it as a bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users