1 reply to this topic

#1 saricari92

saricari92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:06 AM

Hello,

I have a connection problem. I have created a perforce server on my pc. In p4v, I can connect to my server from my own computer and also from other computers in the same local network. But a computer outside the local network cannot connect to my server.

The error shown is as follows:
Connect to server failed: check$P4PORT
TCP connect to 192.168.0.104: 1666 failed
connect: 192.168.0.104:1666: WSAETIMEDOUT

What I've tried until now:
- port forward the port 1666 to my  IPv4 address. I didn't use a static address, but I am sure that the moment I was trying to connect to the server from another pc, I was still using the same IPv4 address which I used in the port forwarding
- I disabled firewall for this specific port , 1666, by creating a new inbound rule in Windows Defender
Firewall with Advanced Security for this specific port
- Removing and reinstalling perforce
- Restarting perforce service

Extra Information:
- I am using windows 10
- in the client, I try to connect to the server by typing the ipv4 address and then the port number, like: 192.168.0.104:1666
- When I am trying to create a static IP address, I get the following error: warning, multiple default gateways are intended to provide redundancy to a single network ( such as an intranet or the internet). They will not function properly when the gateways are on two separate, disjoint networks (such as one on your intranet and on on the internet). Do you wnat to save this configuration?

What am I doing wrong? I've spend a lot of time on this and I still don't get it. Could someone help me out?

Thank you in advance.

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:48 PM

See "Accessing a home Perforce server over the Internet" https://community.pe...s/article/13219

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, connection, WSAETIMEDOUT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users