#1 itsjudd

itsjudd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:10 PM

I'm trying to uninstall Helix Core Server and I am getting the following:
Posted Image

I'm not entirely sure how to resolve this, I am uninstalling to reinstall on a different server.

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

We have not seen this error.  See if you can download and install a newer Helix server from a "Run as Administrator" command prompt in hopes that it overrides this error.

#3 itsjudd

itsjudd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

View Postp4rfong, on 12 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

We have not seen this error.  See if you can download and install a newer Helix server from a "Run as Administrator" command prompt in hopes that it overrides this error.

Won't let me due to there already being a helix server installed. So I can't seem to install ontop or uninstall :/

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

Double-check that you have machine administrator privileges.  Then start Windows is safe mode and attempt the reinstall.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall all Perforce/Helix programs, then use "regedit" to clear out all Perforce/Helix keys.

#5 itsjudd

itsjudd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

View Postp4rfong, on 12 July 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

Double-check that you have machine administrator privileges.  Then start Windows is safe mode and attempt the reinstall.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall all Perforce/Helix programs, then use "regedit" to clear out all Perforce/Helix keys.

It's current on a new Windows Server 2019 box, only account on it is the administrator account. I was able to uninstall the client software just not the server.
I will try safemode though and see if I can get different results.

#6 itsjudd

itsjudd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

Resolved my issue this is what the problem was.

I had initially installed perforce on a mapped drive and for some reason in the registry it had the share name and that seemed to be causing the issue.

After changing all the reg keys to point to a direct location and not a share path i was able to uninstall

#7 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:24 PM

Glad you were able to figure it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users