• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rasonage

rasonage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:06 PM

Working in windows 10 64 bit, p4v 2019.1, and got the p4expinst64.exe to install p4exp.

It works fine, except when going through an applications' file dialogue, I see the Helix Core context menu, but when I go to it it says it's not connected and I can't start p4v within it, it doesn't read my p4 environments that I had already set. But if I go to a window's explorer window I can check out, submit, do all the cool p4 stuff that I wanted in p4exp.

Do I need another p4 plugin to make what used to be an included function of p4 to work like how it did back when it was awesome?

#2 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:22 PM

What application are you not able to see the expected P4EXP menu items in? I am seeing them (as well as the file overlay icons) in the Open File dialog of both Notepad and Visual Studio. Screenshot of Visual Studio attached.
p4exp_in_VS.png

This is with P4EXP Client version: 2019.1.179.2618 (x64)

You should not need another plugin, it should work in File dialogs of Windows applications. Can you share what menu items you do see?

#3 rasonage

rasonage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:38 AM

Maya 2016 sp3

I am able to use it in other file dialogues like UE4, so I guess it's just maya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users