#1 MichaelK

MichaelK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

Hello.
Anyone with a valid support license, please, report the Perforce that View-->Submitted Changelists --> select previous changelist (a single cpp file only, no solution or project files) --> Right Mouse Click --> GetRevision makes my MS Visual Studio 16.2 gracefully crash with the “Debug or Close” choice and MS Visual Studio 16.3 Preview 1 just disappear from the screen. P4VS is 2019.2.183.4280. No changes to the workspace are made.
Thank you in advance.

#2 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. I am able to reproduce the issue as described. We'll log an issue here and plan to include a fix in a patch release.

#3 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:25 PM

A patched P4VS has just been released containing a fix for this issue:
https://marketplace....forVisualStudio

#4 MichaelK

MichaelK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

Hi. Thanks, it works now.
Are there any chances that the Perforce will fix the defects in how the P4VS displays its interface? There are lots of them and here is one example. If you select a changelist in submitted changelist pane and make the pane to lose focus (click the editor, for example) the name of the selected changelist disappears (there is a hole in the list). I do understand the behavior is very strange and is impossible not to notice but nevertheless. I have two monitors of different sizes. The RDP introduces another problem – the file names in at least the Pending pane (probably, it affects the other panes too) are unreadable (they are drawn in a distortion manner) until I click them with the mouse and they are redrawn. RDP is multimonitored on the same two displays of the different size.

#5 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

I'm not seeing the behavior you describe (see screenshot). I switched focus by clicking in the editor. The current selection in the Submitted Changelist Tool Window is a file, but I also did it with the changelist and it appeared the same.

We'd certainly attempt to address any defects if we are able to repro the behavior here. Could you send a screenshot and other details on your system to support@perforce.com and cc bbaffy at same? Some other details specific to Visual Studio and P4VS can be copy-pasted from Help-P4VS System Info.

#6 MichaelK

MichaelK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Hi. I do not see your screenshots and do not understand what can you do if you cannot reproduce the issues. But nevertheless here are mine screenshots. The support@perforce does not accept mails from unlicensed users anymore. You were thinking about to allow mails with security issues but I do not know what the process ended up with. The versions of Visual Studio are irrelevant because the things have been broken for very long time now. I have 16.2.2 and 16.3.0 Preview 2.0 now. The versions of P4VS you know. If you prefer email, please, feel free to address me by my registration email.
The problem may be because you have troubles with enlarged fonts. And you do because your Submit dialog uses different font settings (the size is different and too small) and this bothers me much more.
I also reported earlier that your forum and site does not work normally with Windows LTSB systems. These systems (including Windows Server 2019) still use IE 11 and does not allow installing the Edge. Probably, your Windows revenues do not pay anymore.

Attached Thumbnails

• Broken.png
  • DistortionThroughRDP.png
  • Normal.png

#7 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

Hello. Apparently I did not attach a screenshot. Thanks for attaching yours showing the incorrect behavior. I'll log an issue here and if we are able to reproduce the behavior, we'll investigate a fix.

In the future you should feel free to email support about issues you encounter with our products. While it is true that unlicensed users are unable to open support cases, we appreciate any bug reports that you are able to provide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users