- Checking out files in P4V works normally.
- Checking out files in Visual Studio using the P4VS plug-in works normally.
- The third party application (our script interpreter) prompts me to checkout header files, but then gives me an error: "Couldn't write file... [Headername].h"
- Checked the protect table. I have "write user * * //...", and can check out files via P4 and MsVs, so I don't think that's the issue.
- Checked the workspace, and the directory is in my workspace, and since other users can check them out, I don't think that's the issue either.
- I'm logged in with a ticket that expires in ~165 hours.
- I don't have permissions to check triggers.
- I don't have permissions to check group service_users
- Out of our team of ~400, all but myself and one other user suffer are able to check out files via the interpreter, so I'm disinclined to suspect the executable.
In case it helps to Triage, the third party app is a .exe executable, that I'm running as an External Tool through MS Visual studio, and unlike most other users at my company, it doesn't give me the normal option to use the Output window.
I'm using the P4V Helix visual client, Rev. P4V/NTX64/2019.1/1815056 (2019 June 10), on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362).
Thanks in advance!