• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanielF

DanielF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

I have a fresh install of Perforce on a new Windows 10 machine, and I'm unable to check out files using a third-party application.
  • Checking out files in P4V works normally.
  • Checking out files in Visual Studio using the P4VS plug-in works normally.
  • The third party application (our script interpreter) prompts me to checkout header files, but then gives me an error: "Couldn't write file... [Headername].h"
I've googled the problem, and tried the following:
  • Checked the protect table. I have "write user * * //...", and can check out files via P4 and MsVs, so I don't think that's the issue.
  • Checked the workspace, and the directory is in my workspace, and since other users can check them out, I don't think that's the issue either.
  • I'm logged in with a ticket that expires in ~165 hours.
  • I don't have permissions to check triggers.
  • I don't have permissions to check group service_users
  • Out of our team of ~400, all but myself and one other user suffer are able to check out files via the interpreter, so I'm disinclined to suspect the executable.
I believe this has to do with the header directory being read-only, but when I grant write access to the folder, P4 no longer checks out the files on change. I've read that some versions of P4 give an option to check out write-access files, but I didn't see any such option in preferences, nor do I see an "Allwrite" option in Edit Workspace->Advanced.

In case it helps to Triage, the third party app is a .exe executable, that I'm running as an External Tool through MS Visual studio, and unlike most other users at my company, it doesn't give me the normal option to use the Output window.

I'm using the P4V Helix visual client, Rev. P4V/NTX64/2019.1/1815056 (2019 June 10), on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362).

Thanks in advance!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users