replica: switch between read-only and forward?

replica type service server spec

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

Is there a simple way to switch between these two server types? Changing the service field in the server spec doesn't seem to do it.

Thanks,
Miles

#2 Dave Foglesong

Dave Foglesong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

There used to be a rpl.forward.all configurable that had to be set for forwarding replicas. It's not listed in the docs for the more recent versions (which normally would imply it's been deprecated) but it's still in the "p4 help configurables" output in my 19.1 test server so I'm not sure what the status of this configurable is in the current version. But depending on what version of p4d you're running, you might need to set this.

#3 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostDave Foglesong, on 05 September 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

There used to be a rpl.forward.all configurable that had to be set for forwarding replicas. It's not listed in the docs for the more recent versions (which normally would imply it's been deprecated) but it's still in the "p4 help configurables" output in my 19.1 test server so I'm not sure what the status of this configurable is in the current version. But depending on what version of p4d you're running, you might need to set this.

Thanks. I thought there was a configurable, but I knew lbr.replication wasn't it.

#4 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

Interestingly, just changing this variable (rpl.forward.all) does it. Even without changing the service field in the server spec.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: replica, type, service, server spec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users