No replies to this topic

#1 damageINC

damageINC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:29 AM

New to the forums so hello all.

I've worked with P4 for a good long while in the context of my work but never set one up from scratch for a home server. This is primarily for personal game development and so I had a few queries to make sure I don't do this incorrectly.

First some background on how I think I want it set up. This P4 setup will be synced with UE4. I have two computers, one for UE4 and one for the P4 server. So my questions are these:

(1) Assuming the I place the server on computer_B, do I also need to install the client on the server machine?

(2) Can I just set up the client on computer_A which also houses UE4 and my projects, controlling everything from there?

(3) Would the server name be set to computer_B Name:1666 when installing  P4V on the client machine and potentially the server machine?

I only ask because most of the tutorials I've found have the use case of installing the server locally on the computer that you'd also be doing the work on. I don't want this since other devs external to me would also be port forwarding into my P4 server. I want it completely separate from my workstation. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users