• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Koalahfied

Koalahfied

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

Trying to move my current depot from my C driver over to my larger D drive. Have gone though the knowledge base, changed P4ROOT, the map, everything and nothing is working. Does anyone know the steps to do this task? It seems simple enough but 2 days of downtime and I'm lost...

Thank you in advance!

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

Are you trying to move just your depot, or the entire server instance?  The steps are different for those two things.

To move just a depot:
1) Don't change P4ROOT.
2) Change the Map.
3) Move just the depot folder to where you set the Map.

To move the entire server instance:
1) Don't change the Map.
2) Change P4ROOT.
3) Move the entire P4ROOT folder (including any depot folders under it) to where you set P4ROOT.

The golden rule in both cases is "move the folder to the place where you said the folder is going to be".  Simple, right?  If you change P4ROOT to "D:\foo" and you leave it at "C:\bar", or you move it but you don't change P4ROOT, the server won't be able to find it any more.  This is not a problem that you can solve by changing things randomly; you need to make those two things match exactly.

If you could elaborate on your "nothing is working", someone could probably help you fix the problem.  Since the way to put things right is to make the things you did match up with each other, fixing it requires knowing what you did and which doesn't match the other.

Some things I would ask for if I were trying to debug this would be:
1) What were you trying to do: move the whole server, or just move one depot?
2) What sort of errors are you getting?
3) What folders did you move where, EXACTLY?  Where is the folder with your db.* files (the server root)?  Where is the folder with your ,v files (the depot)?
4) What does "p4 info" show the server root as?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users