Is p4vs supposed to work with VS CMake projects?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MichaelK

MichaelK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

Hi. It looks like P4VS forum is dead. I would like to repeat my question here. I will be grateful for the information.
-----------------
Hello. Is p4vs supposed to work with Visual Studio CMake projects? Or open folder projects? The check out dialog pops up when I start to change a file but right click menu Perforce choices are missing. So it kind of works but strange.
-----------------

#2 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

Hello. The P4VS forum is not dead. Those of us following it do not always get notifications of new posts. I've responded to your post there and will paste it here as well:

P4VS uses the IVsSccSolution Interface to interact with items in the Solution Explorer (icon glpyhs, context menus, toolbar buttons) so the project structure needs to be under a solution and in solution view (not folder view) in order for those features to be functional. Unfortunately, this is not the case with CMake projects. You can get some of that functionality, per file by opening the file in the editor. With a particular file having focus on its tab, related context menu items can be accessed by clicking on the tab, and appropriate toolbar buttons should be active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users