mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

I am currently using the P4 API.NET v2014.3.100.9144 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine and the version of P4V i have installed is Helix P4V/NTX64/2018.1/1637591.
The server version is: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2016.2/1568552 (2017/09/20)

I feel this is kind of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or encountered this strange popup about a 'Pure Virtual Function call" when using the P4 API for .NET? (see attached images).
The reproduction rate is very low and I only ever experience this error in the span of weeks or months. But when i do encounter it and attach to the process, the call stack is always in the Disconnect method of the P4.Connection object. I feel that this might be a threading or timing issue but I can't confirm with absolute certainty.

EDIT: Oh if anyone has indeed seen or encountered this issue, were you able to determine what the cause is/was and found a fix or workaround for it?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

-Jonathan Wilson

Attached Thumbnails

• Pure_Virtual_function_call.png
  • sample_callstack.png

#2 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

We have had reports of this error in Disconnect and Connect. Unfortunately, similar to your experience they have been not consistently reproduced and we have not been able to recreate the error and catch it here. The most recent user that reported it was using P4API.NET 2016.1 and said that it no longer occurred with version 2018.1. Is there anything keeping you from upgrading to a more current version? 2019.2 is here: http://ftp.perforce....19.2/bin.ntx64/ and 2019.3 will be released in the coming weeks.

#3 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:09 PM

Hi p4bill,

Thanks for responding to my post. It's actually a relief to hear that there were reports of similar issues out there. Unfortunately we have a lot of tools in our development pipeline that use the C# P4api and would be greatly affected if we upgrade the version.
But it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility to upgrade, I will mention it to my colleagues and see if we can do it.
We really should consider upgrading our version, 2014 is pretty old.

Thanks,

-JW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: .NET, C#, P4 API

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users