• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rumbleball

Rumbleball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

I just tried get some structure into our Perforce and basically locked myself out by assigning the sole super user to a user that  is of type operator.
I was able to recover by moving db.protect out of the perforce folder which allowed the first user connected to P4Admin to get super user rights.

Why the heck I'm even able to assign super user to an operator type user if thats a lockdown? I assume the same is possible for a user of type service.
Also reading through the documentation, it is possible to kill the last super user in the system. ?!?!?!?! Why is that not checked and the changes ignored? In my specific case I'm talking about "p4 protect" command which opens a file for changing access rights. There seem to be some checks in place regarding the configuration via such files, but no check for a "no super user of type standard defined".

As much as I like perforce for its versioning, the configuration is a total mess.

P.S.: I'm creating the forum topic, so I want to follow it! This must be enabled by default!

#2 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Hi,
I have reproduced the behaviour you described and logged a bug report, requesting that
users of type 'Service' or 'Operator' are not allowed to have 'Super' access granted to them.
I have referenced this thread in the report.

If this change is implemented it should be mentioned in the release notes.

Regards,
Jen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users