1 reply to this topic

#1 engr.vns

engr.vns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:19 PM

I need to integrate an entire directory tree project1 (on depot1) to another project2 (on depot2)
The usual methods seems to be -

Method 1: p4 integrate
p4 integrate //projects/<PROJECT1>/trunk/<DIR1>/... //projects/<PROJECT2>/trunk/<DIR2>/...

Method 2: Would to be create a branch spec and specify directories and files and do it as -
p4 integrate -b <PROJECT1>_to_<PROJECT2>.spec

But this methods are not visual and atomic.
It would be easier visually compare and merge the directory tree similar when you are doing selective integration.

Is there a visual method to -

STEP 1) directory or file compare between projects on two different depots.
STEP 2) Integrate it visually in the GUI

Thanks in advance

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:24 PM

View Postengr.vns, on 02 April 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

But this methods are not visual and atomic.
It would be easier visually compare and merge the directory tree similar when you are doing selective integration.

I'm not at all clear on what you mean by "visual and atomic".  Could you give an example of a problem you're hitting when you use either of these methods that reflects the lack of visibility and/or atomicity?

Is there a visual method to -

STEP 1) directory or file compare between projects on two different depots.
STEP 2) Integrate it visually in the GUI

In terms of directory compare, P4V has a "folder diff" feature that's very useful.  Similarly, you can integrate in the GUI, although I'm not clear on exactly what visuals you're after; the GUI doesn't offer a lot of visualization for the actual process of opening files for integrate, but I'm not sure what sort of value it would be able to add.  Usually the thing that's important to visualize is the actual per-file merge (which can be visualized through P4Merge whether you're using P4V or the CLI).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users