1 reply to this topic

#1 RobT

RobT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

Hi,

I have a Stream that Ignores the *.bak file types. Sadly there are few files of that type already in the Stream.

This causes an issue where I am unable to delete or do anything with these rogue files. I get the message 'Path '' is not under client '.

If I alter the spec of the Stream this will cause everyone with that stream to Sync to latest, which will be bad for a number of people with checked out files. Whereas it would be great it if just sync'd to what they have.

Question:
Anyone got any idea if there is a way to remove all these *.bak files without making everyone sync to latest?

Thanks
Rob

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

Changing a stream spec doesn't push a sync on everyone; they'll just see the new view the next time they sync.  So if you change the stream spec, delete the files, submit, and change it back, it's unlikely to affect anyone else.

Another option would be to create another stream and do import+ shenanigans to map those files so you can delete them from the depot.

Another other option would be to just leave the files where they are; if they aren't mapped in the client, and they aren't syncing to your local machine, do they really exist?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stream, ignore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users