How to have users connect to your remote project?

Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpiderSparrow

SpiderSparrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

First of all,

Terribly sorry if this is something you are overused to being asked, however I searched online for a good day but couldn't find any meaningful instructions whether official or user made, on how to actually get others to connect to your project and what the steps required will be.

Currently I have perforce with an unreal project all setup and working, perforce works on my end, I can check out, check in files as I want. I do know how to use Perforce visual client as I have used it at a company I used to work at.

I have looked into creating users and giving permissions, but I can't seem to find out how to get users to connect to the remote project I have after they have installed perforce on their pc.

I am currently just using the host 1666

No other name or anything shows up for the server, which I believe might be needing setup?

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction where this would make sense? Or how to set this up?

Thank you tons in advance!

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1130 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

If you're connecting to just "1666", then the server is running on your own machine.  For other users to connect to the server, they'll need to be able to connect to your PC; if they aren't physically on the same LAN as you, then you probably want to set up some sort of VPN.  I've had good luck in the past using Hamachi for this sort of thing (it was for a Minecraft server, not a Perforce server, but same principle).  https://www.howtogee...files-anywhere/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users