• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marcaudy

marcaudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:22 PM

I am trying to create a script that validates certain integration restrictions. I've found a handful of past posts that discuss p4 resolved and this works great if a user is submitting directly. However, if the submit is from a shelved change then the script I have will fail as resolved command does not seem to be able to be used to provide the same information. Since the submit to the server is able to record all this information, it must exists somewhere, but is it queryable from the trigger script?

We have run in to a similar issue in the past with a trigger that made use of opened to look at the source/destination of moves and were forced to use a much less granular logic for the shelved case using only the information that describe was able to provide, would also be wonderful to know if the movedFile tag from the opened command is available somehow for a shelved change.

Thanks,
Marc

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

Try "p4 fstat -Or @=SHELF" -- I'm not positive whether it'll show the resolve info for the shelved revision, but that'd be the most likely place to find it.

If that doesn't work, you could temporarily unshelve the change, at which point it's an open file and the usual "p4 resolved" technique will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users