Where to Get Perforce at Price Within my Budget?

p4v price license

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TanyaBurr

TanyaBurr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

Hi there,

I was looking for the perforce software licensing but its too expensive for my pockets. I was just hoping if anyone knew about anyplace where I can get it at affordable rate. I found it at $800. any discounts or promotions or any thong that can help me??

Looking forward to your replies...

Thanks.

#2 P4Adam

P4Adam

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:05 AM

Hi Tanya,

The Helix Core Server will you to run with allow up to five users and twenty workspaces (5/20) without needing a license. If this does not meet your needs, our Sales team (sales@perforce.com) may be able to help.

Adam.

#3 jenniferlope

jenniferlope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

View PostP4Adam, on 27 July 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi Tanya,

The Helix Core Server will you to run with allow up to five users and twenty workspaces (5/20) without needing a license. If this does not meet your needs, our Sales team (sales@perforce.com) may be able to help.

Adam.

I also want to know about permanent license in less price? Can you please help me out.

#4 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 05:01 PM

Hi,

To find out about licensing and pricing, you will need to contact our sales team.

We don't give out any discounts via the forums.

Kind regards,
Jen.

#5 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationAustin. Texas. Y'all.

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM

View Postjenniferlope, on 10 August 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

I also want to know about permanent license in less price? Can you please help me out.

As far as I know, the default license that comes with the server is effectively permanent, just limited in scope. The reason I qualified "permanent" with "effectively" is that with an upgrade to a new release, the terms could change. So if an upgrade were to further limit something you cared about (one upgrade dropped the number of free users from either 10 or 20 down to 5), you would not want to upgrade without buying a license. So if you can live with 5 users and 20 clients, you're good - at least for the foreseeable future.

All that said, you only buy a license per user once. After that, you're paying for support if you want it. Only you can make that decision, but it does require going through the sales team. I will note that we've found support to be well worth the cost.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, price, license

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users