1 reply to this topic

#1 andyelli

andyelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

Hi,

I’d like to have one perforce depot and use multiple folders for different projects. My server depot is setup with the custom local path Y:\depot, and I have a client with the workspace path E:\PerforceWorkspaces.

My client workspace path for project #1 is E:\PerforceWorkspaces\Project1 and inside here I have multiple files and folders.
My depot path for this project is Y:\depot, and all the files from the workspace are inside here.

This works fine, but when I come to add new project folder Project2, (workspace path is E:\PerforceWorkspaces\Project2) and Get Latest on my original Project1 workspace, the Project2 folder is downloaded into that workspace. The depot path for this new project is the same the previous one (Y:\depot), so all the Project2 files are in there along with the Project1 files, in the root.

So my question is this: how do keep different projects in separate folders in the depot, to allow workspaces to remain separate?

Thanks.

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

Could you share the actual client spec(s) that are involved in this scenario?  If the root for the first client is Project1, then nothing you add to Project2 is part of that workspace (and hence it will not be added to the depot).  Is the actual Root one folder higher?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users