4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Hall

Mike Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

I was hoping to use my RSS feed reader (Google Reader, for example) to subscribe to each forum and follow the discussions there. I don't see a why to get an RSS feed for each forum.

Does your forum software support RSS feeds? Is that something you'd consider enabling?

Thanks!
Mike Hall

#2 P4Tony

P4Tony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hi Mike,

I thought we had RSS feeds for each forum already, but it seems that only the feed for the calendar is working. We're looking into it, and we'll update you when we know more.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Tony

Tony Smith
European Technical Director
Perforce Software

#3 P4Tony

P4Tony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Turns out we have to create the RSS feeds manually (a misunderstanding on our part).

We've added two such feeds for now: one for 'Perforce News', and one for  the 'Usage' forums (aggregated). I think that will work better for now  than having one per forum, but we can always revisit that at a later  date if people want to separate the forums in their RSS readers.

Tony

Tony Smith
European Technical Director
Perforce Software

#4 Mike Hall

Mike Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostP4Tony, on 21 April 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

We've added two such feeds for now: one for 'Perforce News', and one for  the 'Usage' forums (aggregated).

Thanks Tony! I've subscribed to those two feedback. I think having the Usage forums aggregated seems fine.

#5 Mike Hall

Mike Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Ok, so I've been rather distracted and haven't paid much attention to the forums recently...
I was looking at my RSS feed reader today and finally realized that the RSS feed only posts an item for each NEW forum posting (each new topic, I guess). When someone replies to an existing post/thread, no update is done to the RSS feed.
I was hoping to use my feed reader to monitor ALL postings in a forum. Is that another configuration option on the server? Or do you think there is too much forum traffic for that to make sense?
Thanks!  Mike Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users